In this virtual Spring Semester workshop, high school students from around the United States come together to co-create a series of short films exploring the state of our nation through the theme
This Filmbuilding experience will include online group discussions and editing as well as offline filming. All finished films will be screened during the virtual premiere event on March 31.
+ Open to 9-12th graders around the United States
+ Space limited to 16 students (4 groups)
+ No media experience required
+ Running Saturday, March 23 - Sunday, March 31
+ See schedule below for details
+ Combination of online group gatherings and offline filming
+ Virtual screening premiere
1. Register as a Filmbuilding Proctor here (schools, orgs or parents only!)
2. Ensure your student(s) or child can successfully take part in workshop
1. Can they make the online Orientation and Check-in dates? (see schedule above)
2. Do they have access to a computer with Zoom?
3. Do they have access to a recording device (like a smartphone)?
3. Register your student(s) or child as Filmbuilders below
+ Following registration, Proctors and students will be sent a copy of the Filmbuilding Guide and Waiver. The Guide includes information on learning outcomes, workshop logistics and protocol. The Filmbuilding Waiver must be signed by the Proctor before the start of the workshop.
+ Links to online Orientation, Check-ins and Screening premiere will be sent to Proctors and Students following registration.
+ Proctors are responsible for student registration. Students are expected to attend all check-ins and must communicate in advance if they are unable to do so. Proctors are not required to attend any virtual check-ins during workshop, but are encouraged to attend the virtual screening premiere.